HOW TO | CHOCOLATE PROFITEROLES
You know that feeling when your house smells like walking into a French Patisserie and you are ready to welcome friends and family for a cozy supper together. You feel absolutely on top of the world when finding your inner baking goddess or god. That's precisely the vibe that this dessert recipe will give you - without a doubt and it's surprisingly simple too.
What you need:
- 75g milk
- 75g water
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 20g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5g salt
- 100g melted choc
Makes 30 profiteroles
How to prepare:
- Put water, milk, butter and sugar in a pan until melted, add flour (sifted) and salt
- Mix with a wooden spoon for a few minutes on medium heat until very thick and forming 1 mass in the pan.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly (15 mins or so) with a tea towel over the top.
- Place mix in food processor and turn on. Add 1 egg at a time until all 4 are in and the mix is smooth.
- Put into a piping bag and chill a little more.
- Pre heat oven at 220 degrees.
- Cut a hole on the end of the piping bag 1.5cm wide. Pipe out mix on grease baking tray. Pipe out a bun the size of a ping pong ball.
- Keep an eye on them in the oven.
- When they rise up, turn the temp down to 180 degrees.
- Cook for a further 12 mins.
- Leave to cool to room temp.
- Melt choccy, dip profiteroles tops and let cool again.
- When ready to eat. Cut profiteroles in half, put a scoop of ice cream in each bun.
- Eat…… we used the Bears Jersey Milk and the Milk Chocolate, Raspberry & Hazelnut Swirl Ice Creams for this recipe.
- "Sticky raspberry jam, crunchy hazelnuts, cream milk chocolate ice cream gently scooped into a prof. It can't go wrong.", says Ice Cream Wizard Phil cheekily.