I love pairing chocolate with pear. Such a luscious tasty irresistible combo. This recipe is beyond foolproof. The bake is super moist, rich and gooey from the inside and extra yum when you pair it with a large scoop of ice cream. Guaranteed no leftovers in your bubble.
What you need:
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g ground almonds
- 50g plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- 250g melted dark choc
- 50g cocoa powder
- 10g salt
- 2x large tins of pears, (drained weight 450 g)
How to prepare:
- Beat butter and sugar together in a kitchen aid.
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder, ground almonds and salt.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Then add melted chocolate and fold in.
- Pour into a 10x10 inch baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Push the pear halves into the mixture.
- Bake at 160 degrees, for 30 mins.
- Insert a knife into the centre of the cake, it should come out clean.
- If not bake for another 5-10 mins, if needed crank up oven to 180 degrees.
- Leave to cool slightly.